The notifications mails are not sent

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

Hello all, my problem is:

I set my SMTP server, it works when I do a test email. But when it concerns the mail templates included in JIRA, no mail is sent ... I do not find a solution to this problem. The virus was blockade when sending mail, when I disable, test mails pass, but the messages with templates to spend more ... Someone would know how to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

Is there any mails in the error cue? are there mails in the send cue? Do you see any error in catalina.out? Are you running windows or linux? If linux: do a:

echo "test email"| mail -s "test subject" youremail@company.com

Did you receive it?

Has anything changed since this worked, or did it never work?

We are missing a lot of information about your environment, please elaborate.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

In "atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail" i've got this error: "Couldn't connect to host"

No errors in Catalina.out

It never worked...

I'm on Windows,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

"Couldn't connect to host" is a really simple error - your mailserver is not responding to JIRA when it tries to send mail.  Might be:

• the network
  • the mailserver not running
  • wrong username/password
  • the mailserver not allowing the user to send mail
  • the mailserver blocking certain types of send

As you say a test worked, and the rest are failing, and then mention a "virus blockade", it suggests the last one - your mail server is configured to not send things.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

But it send a test mail ... How is it that when it concerns the templates it does not work?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

You need to look at the mail server to see why it accepts the tests and drops the others.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

How to do this ? I'm not sure to understand

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2016

It depends on your mail server.

What you are describing looks like a problem with that, rather than JIRA.  If a test email goes out ok, then that proves that JIRA can send simple mails via your mail server.  As you can send test emails but not others, then there's two possibilities:

1.  Something is going wrong with the build and send of an email in JIRA - you've looked at the logs and not seen anything, and I assume you have not been editing the email templates (although if you've broken them, you'll have errors in the logs)
  2.  Your mail server is rejecting the emails.  JIRA can't tell you what your email server is doing, you need to look at the server
Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

I had modified the templates, as you said it would be marked in the logs if they were no longer functional?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2016

Yes - when I've modified templates and got them wrong, the logs are filled with errors where I'd made mistakes.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016
Okay, thank you for your constructive responses Nic!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events