Return logged hour considering the comment added

Gabriel Varvaroi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2020

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way using Jira, to return the total hours of a user considering the keyword that is filling when is logging the work.

I will give an example:

John works on ticket Ticket-1000.
John logs today 2h and add the word Analyzing 
Next day, John logs 10h and add the word Implmentation
Lets say that John works on 10 tickets this month

As output, i want to retrieve the total time John logged on Analyzing and on Implementation based on the keyword he put on he logeed.

1 answer

0 votes
František Špaček _MoroSystems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

Hello Gabriel!

At first I would ask if you are on cloud or server?

If you are on server I would suggest using plugin Tempo Timesheets. In Tempo you can specify work attributes and users are forced to fill them up when logging work. Another part of Tempo Timesheets are reports which can easily report numbers and attributes attached.

If you are not aiming on buying new plugin or you are on Jira cloud I would suggest creating different issue types for different parts of work.

E.g. You have Ticket-1000 (issue typ Task), which has sub-task Ticket-1001 (issue type Analysis) and another sub-task Ticket-1002 (issue type Implementation). Later John logs work on different subtasks and you are able to filter different issue types and see, what John logged on which issue type.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, František

Gabriel Varvaroi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2020

Thats sounds good, thanks!

František Špaček _MoroSystems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

If you will have any further questions, fell free to ask.

If the solution will be working you, please mark it as accepted answer so other users who will have similar question will see it at first place.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events