Remove shared components from project

Andrew Consiglio April 24, 2017

We have two projects that were created using the "Create with shared configuration" option, however, some of the shared components are causing reporting conflicts for our users. We would like to convert the shared components to individual project components without having to recreate the projects. Is this possible?

Cheers, _Andrew

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

Yes, copy the shared schemes to new names, then associate the new ones with the projects you want to split off, using the project admin sections for those projects.

(Note that I've used the word "schemes" instead of "components" here, as JIRA "components" means something very specific, and they are items that are not shared by projects)

Andrew Consiglio April 24, 2017

Hi Nic! Thanks for the swift reply. In this case, the issue I am seeing is not with the project permissions schemes but the global and "Project Specific" components. 

One of our users created a project (Project A) and definied custom components for that project, then created a second (Project B) project using the "Create with shared configuration" option. We have two components that were created for Project A, Agents and Culture. Project B has inherited these components from Project A. When one of these components is updated in either Project A or B, those components are modified in the other project as well. 

This is skewing reporting and bug fix data. 

I know how to import/export/modify project permission schemes, but I'm not sure if that is going to provide me with the solution I'm looking for. I would like to (if possible) prevent Project B from inheriting anything from Project A without having to recreat the projects.

Cheers, _Andrew

Trey Washmon July 30, 2021

I'm really curious if this was ever figured out.

i have two different projects under the same name too and i cant split them.

Like Cody Tumblin likes this
Salim Hammar February 15, 2022

Hi @Trey Washmon  and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

You are find the script listenner for delete component between project because i don't find ?

You can help me please ?

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer