Misc workflow extensions - security level change using set field value from user property value

Hi,

I'm trying to add a post function from misc workflow extensions to edit the security level using "set field value from user property value". I'm using 10001 which is (I think) the security level numerical ID but it doesn't seem to be working sad I've checked that I have all the correct permissions to set the security to that level etc. - is there anything else I can check?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

From your description, it looks like you only update your own user property.

I think that method will only work if users who execute the transition have their user properties updated with their associated security level ID and they have the relevant permission.

Ahhhhhh now the name makes more sense! Right - Monday moment, sorry. Do you know if there is another option for adding a security level edit into a transition post-function?

Not for jira-cloud though, sorry. If you are on JIRA server, would recommend Script Runner.Try submitting a support request to Atlassian, they might be of some help.

No worries - I'd already found a JIRA item for a built in feature to be able to edit Security level in transitions and voted on it, but for now it seems we'll stick to our custom field copy workaround method, seems to work ok :)

You should first check the logs for errors (look for "jmwe").

Wow - thank you for the quick response smile I'm using JIRA Cloud (and this is my first JIRA project) .. so I'm not entirely sure how to check logs or if they're stored somewhere with cloud? 

I have managed to get a workaround going using the "Copy Value From Field to Field" .. with "-1" and "10001" stored in two hidden custom fields .. copying those into security levels is working fine, but would be better if we could do it without those two custom fields to copy from. Any help would be much appreciated smile

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve?

Sure, we have issues that throughout the workflow need to go internal and external at certain points, so hoping to add a security level through certain transitions (post functions) and remove it at other transitions. Does that make sense?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you