Methods for reporting on Users by internal, external, directory etc.

CJ Edwards May 29, 2019

Hello all,

I have been tasked by IT to develop and maintain a list for all of our Jira and Confluence users. Not only is there no export capability to create an excel doc that I can (slowly) extract the information required, there are no examples (that I can find) to describe how to build something in scriptrunner/groovy to achieve it.

IT wants:

Total user Count

Users by groups

Users by internal Jira directory

Users not in internal directory. (ex. LDAP)

I am even more confused by the fact that Jira System Info doesn't match User Management totals either! System Info says 868 but, management and userManager.getTotalUserCount() both say 712!

So which is it? :eyeroll:

Some help/hints/suggestions would be great o mighty gurus of Jira!

1 answer

1 vote
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2019

Hello, CJ Edwards

Consider installing our UserManagement for Jira and UserManagement for Confluence on a trial license - you will get most of the information you are after in our Bulk User Actions mode. It will give you ability to search by group, by directory, by user status, by the time of the last login (the main use case of the app) and even (lo and behold!) do a CSV export.

The app is fully functional on evaluation license, so even if you decide not to buy please leave a review on Marketplace. Since the ranking algorithm does take these into account they really help our sales:

The app is also available for Bitbucket:

If you require any assistance - our support is 24x7, please see details on the support tab of the marketplace listings.

A concise reporting dashboard is on our immediate roadmap - it would be great if you could share more requirements if any.

CJ Edwards May 30, 2019

Thank You Ed, I will look into your products and leave a fair and honest review for you as well!

Like Kat Warner likes this

Suggest an answer