It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Kanban board Quick filter input field

Tim Saunders Dec 16, 2015

I am looking for a way to add a custom quick filter to my kanban board, which allows our users to enter a label name in an input field. Instead of predefining a filter, is there a way we can put a open input field or drop down of all current labels in project and dynamically search by that criteria?

2 answers

2 votes
Phill Fox Dec 16, 2015 • edited Aug 14, 2017

Hi Tim,

Nice idea but not one that I have found a way of achieving yet with the current tools and their core functionality of JIRA Software.

I would suggest raising this as an improvement option to Atlassian in jira.atlassian.com or using the third party option described below.

Phill

[edited response following later reply]

Phill Fox Aug 14, 2017

Edit reason - Later reply identified a plugin that was released following the original comment date, thus rendering this response no longer fully accurate.

1 vote
Przemyslaw Chudzinski [extensi] Community Leader Aug 14, 2017

Hi @Tim Saunders1 , @Phill Fox

You can use our add-on Agile Board Filter to achieve filtering like this.

board filtering.png 

Phill Fox Aug 14, 2017

@Przemyslaw Chudzinski [extensi] 

I stand corrected and will investigate your plugin further.  I will amend my original response to state that this is not part of core JIRA Software functionality rather than not possible.

@Tim Saunders1 As you can see there is an option through a 3rd party plugin and I apologise for not being aware of this at the time of responding.

Phill

Przemyslaw Chudzinski [extensi] Community Leader Aug 14, 2017

@Phill Fox 

Please let me know if you'll need any assistance.

Thank you.

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

745 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you