JQL query to filter a field value

Hello,

I have a custom field called "Create Date" which is a text field  which has values like 02/02/2016.... 03/04/2015 ..04/04/2016  etc . as it is a text filed can i query this to find value in range ?

Like find all values between  02/02/2016 And 2027/2016 ?

if Not can i query to find a string that contain "2016"

i tried using "create date" ~ "/2016" but did not work

is " Create Date " a reseved word ?

Thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You've answered your own question - a field that is text cannot have a range searcher, it's not got data that can support it.  It's a bit like asking "are those colours between two and four?".  The data does not know it might be searchable.

"create date" ~ 2016 will work, but it's going to pick up the 20th January and so-on.

Thanks Nic but i tried running 

"Create Date" ~ 2016  in advance JQL query field but it did not return any data am i still missing something ?

Mmm, sorry, that used to work, but now it needs the 2016 to be a word on its own.  It won't find partial words, so 20/3/2016 won't be found.

So there is no way we can find the word 2016 ?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

119 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you