JQL for finding labels that have exactly one value

Is it possible to compose JQL to find issues with a labels field that has exactly one label?

We've overloaded the labels field for two purposes: commitment (or not), and what kind of issue it is. I want to return all issues that haven't been given an issue type. "labels IS EMPTY" works for issues that are not commitments and are untyped. How do I search for issues where the labels field only has the commitment label, and nothing else? These are commitments that are untyped.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I don't think your data is structured well enough for JQL to be able to form a query to do that.

I think you need to split it into two fields before you can create functioning queries.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

158 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you