JIRA Issue creation for two or more projects via email

Chaitan S October 21, 2015

Hello,

We are using JIRA's cloud instance. I have Project A, wherein I have a workflow created, wherein whenever an email is sent to JIRA's default email id i.e jira@xxxxx.atlassian.net, a new ticket is created.

I now have another project, Project B, that needs a similar workflow. Can i do so using the same default JIRA email id? if so how? If not, is there any other JIRA default email id I could make use of and how do I get that? I do not want to setup my own POP/IMAP server for one project and using gmail is not an option for us. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chay

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2015

Hi Chaitan,

You can try using "Catch Email Address". If specified, only email messages whose To:Cc:Bcc: lines contain the recipient specified in this field will be processed. You can refer to Creating Issues and Comments from Email for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Chaitan S October 21, 2015

Hello Paula,

Thanks for your response. Well I have used the "Catch Email Address" feature of JIRA wherein I mentioned this email id, jira@companyname.atlassian.net email id for Project A. It works well. I send an email to that id and it auto creates an ticket under Project A. 

I now want to replicate this in Project B. What other JIRA email id could I use so that Project B follows similar process? I don't want to setup a POP/IMAP server just for Project B, neither am I allowed to use an external POP server like gmail.

I hope JIRA supports such a use case. Is it possible to create another email id like jira@companyname.atlassian.net? 

Thanks,

Chaitan 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events