JIRA Issue creation for two or more projects via email

Hello,

We are using JIRA's cloud instance. I have Project A, wherein I have a workflow created, wherein whenever an email is sent to JIRA's default email id i.e jira@xxxxx.atlassian.net, a new ticket is created.

I now have another project, Project B, that needs a similar workflow. Can i do so using the same default JIRA email id? if so how? If not, is there any other JIRA default email id I could make use of and how do I get that? I do not want to setup my own POP/IMAP server for one project and using gmail is not an option for us. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chay

1 answer

Hi Chaitan,

You can try using "Catch Email Address". If specified, only email messages whose To:Cc:Bcc: lines contain the recipient specified in this field will be processed. You can refer to Creating Issues and Comments from Email for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Hello Paula,

Thanks for your response. Well I have used the "Catch Email Address" feature of JIRA wherein I mentioned this email id, jira@companyname.atlassian.net email id for Project A. It works well. I send an email to that id and it auto creates an ticket under Project A. 

I now want to replicate this in Project B. What other JIRA email id could I use so that Project B follows similar process? I don't want to setup a POP/IMAP server just for Project B, neither am I allowed to use an external POP server like gmail.

I hope JIRA supports such a use case. Is it possible to create another email id like jira@companyname.atlassian.net? 

Thanks,

Chaitan 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

277 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot