JIRA 791 and Marketplace

Patrick Nelson May 7, 2018

Installed JIRA 7.9.1 server and now I get an error in add-ons:

This version of JIRA is unrecognized by the Atlassian Marketplace. It might be a non-standard build or be too new to appear.

anyone understand what the problem might be?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2018

The reason you are seeing this message is because Atlassian has pulled the 7.9.1 version of Jira from the site yesterday (May 7th).  There exists a pretty severe bug in this version, and other version (7.6.5, 7.7.3, 7.8.3, which have all also been pulled from the site).  For more details on this bug please see the report in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16572

This bug prevents Internet Explorer users from being able to use Jira Software boards in those versions.  However this Jira Software bug does not effect other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox.

That said, the long term solution to this problem is going to be to upgrade Jira to a fixed version such as 7.9.2 once it is released.   In the meantime if you do not have users that are required to use IE, I would not be too concerned that you see this marketplace warning.   The marketplace warning could technically prevent you from being able to install/update add-ons for Jira in your version.  You might be able to manually download some plugins by going to their Marketplace pages https://marketplace.atlassian.com and then uploading these on the 'Manage Add-ons' page as a way to install plugins in these versions for the time being. Ultimately, Atlassian recommends upgrading to fix this bug once the update has been released.  Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Andy

Patrick Nelson May 8, 2018

OK, thanks for the heads-up!

Patrick Nelson May 14, 2018

Confirmed that 7.9.2 fixed issue.

0 votes
Pinesh Patel June 8, 2018

Same Problem here

2018-06-08_15-42-18.jpg

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2018

Yeah, please see my accepted answer above.  You are going to have to upgrade Jira itself to another version to correct this problem.

0 votes
Patrick Nelson May 8, 2018

Same here with UPM 2.22.9

Dee Heffemm May 8, 2018

We have the same problem.  Upgraded last week.  Any fix for this?

------------------------------jira.png

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

Hey Patrick, 

I've never seen this error before. Can you check and make sure that the UPM is updated to the latest version? Perhaps that is out of date and isn't recognizing the JIRA version. This is just a wild guess on my part!

monanyao May 8, 2018

We have the same issue with the JIRA 7.9.1 Upgrade. The UPM was upgraded to latest version Version 2.22.9. 

Suggest an answer