JETI why does the mail handler regular expression for setting up a ticket system not work?

We have purchase a license for JETI and installed it. I've followed the vendor's article for configuring an Email Help Desk, which includes a mail handler within the add-on that has a regular expression used to split out the part of the email to use when creating the issue or adding comments. The documentation contains 

/From: |___.|On .wrote:|----Orig.|On .(JIRA)./

But when we test, any follow up email that contains the thread of conversation creates a new comment containing everything, which includes prior comments and the description. This creates excessively long comment threads etc.

Based on review of an email sent on our end it would seem the expression above works since the previous email is contained below "On ....... wrote:"

I've reviewed the documentation and don't think I'm missing any configuration settings. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and knows a fix.

1 answer

1 accepted

This seems to be working after upgrading our add on to version 7.1.0.1

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

59 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you