Issue Project is gone

Andrew TOG December 22, 2020

I use Jira Core  Jira Core 8.4.2 in ubuntu and user SQL Server 2014 Express edition

after ubuntu restart jira need back to setup database when i setup i am input the old database name and i get error database is not empty , so i create new database and working , after that i search in jira folder to change database in dbconfig.xml i replace manual to the old database.

so my project is show up but all issue is gone... in database is still , how to fix that.

tahnk you 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Hey @Andrew TOG ,

Could you try rebuilding your Index? (in JIRA)

JIRA does not read the DB directly to show you the issues but uses the index. All issues can be perfectly there in your DB but if the index is not there it wont show anything.

(gave me a scare myself once when I thought i removed everything with an upgrade)

so just do a index rebuild and you should be fine!

Andrew TOG December 23, 2020

yes , thank you that great  it back. the  data back but image and attachment in  still not back.

Capture.PNG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Well attachments and images are on disk. So that has nothing to do with the DB.

if you moved servers you need to copy over your JIRA Home directory too

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/managing-attachments-in-jira-applications-300811049.html#:~:text=Attachments%20are%20stored%20under%20the,different%20location%20as%20explained%20below.

Andrew TOG December 23, 2020

no i am not move the servers , still in same folder. but thank you . 

that help me to explore  and fix the  problem. 

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

hi @Andrew TOG ,

image.pngPlease check this,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver084/supported-platforms-979404246.html 

Jira not supports SQL Server express editions

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG1.PNG

ooo, but  it working ini i can add new issue

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

sorry friend me also helpless.

may be you can raise request to support desk

ok thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events