Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to populate Sprint values to a custom field?

Does Jira offer any solution to configure a custom field to display Sprints created for a project. ? Looking for a 'sprint picker' field similar to a version picker custom field type.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Gikku,

Thank you for raising this question.

Unfortunately, JIRA does not provide a Sprint picker custom field, however, the inbuilt field called Sprint provide this functionality on JIRA.

That been said, can I know what is the goal you are trying to achieve that can not be performed with the own Sprint field?

We will be waiting for your answer so we can look for any options.

Hi @Petter Gonçalves

Thanks for your response. Request was from or scrum master that they uses a field called 'Proposed Sprint' to capture Sprint data and currently we use a text field for that.

I guessed this type won't be available in Jira. We can use a text field instead.
Field was meant for reporting only.

Hello, Gikku.

Indeed, I think this Custom field type will not be implemented anytime soon as it can be done with a simple text field.

However, feel free to open a feature request on JAC if you think this field may be required in the future for your business: 

https://jira.atlassian.com

Have a nice week, Gikku!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,963 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you