It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to send a notification when a user adds a comment for a specific status?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring email notifications

Is it possible to send a notification when a user adds a comment for a specific status?

For example, I want to send notifications when a user add a comment while the status of the task is 'In Progress' ( when the status is to do or closed, I don't want to send notifications).

3 answers

Some of the emailing addons support this kind of conditional notifications as a built-in feature.

One example is Email This Issue for both JIRA Cloud and Server, see related documentation.

0 votes
Nic Brough Community Leader Nov 14, 2016

Notifications go out on events, and events are generated throughout the lifecycle - they're not tied to fields directly.

You can do this, but you need to do a bit of coding.  You turn off the notification for the "issue commented" event and find/write a listener that can catch the event and embed code that says "if status = x then send email, otherwise don't".

Hello! For flexible notifications settings you may try to use Universal Listener add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ovdgroup.jira.unilistener/server/overview)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,085 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you