Integration with Idera Team Server

Larry Wilson March 27, 2019

We have just recently started using Jira. We have been using Idera ER/Studio for our data and process modeling. Idera provides the ability to associate projects via their Team Server tool to a Jira project. However, I have not been able to get this association set up. Team Server only asks for four fields: URL, Username, Password, and Project Key. I supply the values and try to test the connection but it highlights all of the fields in red, but gives me no error. I suspect that it is probably the URL value that is the problem. Currently, I am supplying the value of https://????.atlassian.net (???? replaced with our actual instance). Does anyone know if there is a more specific URL that I need to be specifiying? Has anyone even tried integrating Idera with Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Vincent Cheung October 7, 2022

We experienced the same error (no error).  We tried different combinations, and narrowed down to that the API token generated in Jira worked, as it was able to verify the Project Key we entered (i.e. blank error when project key is valid, prompting incorrect project key when it is incorrectly entered).  API token also reflected in Jira the timestamp of when it was last used.  Since Project Key was validated, we assumed all information we entered are correct.  Firewall team looked at the internal traffic and anything previously blocked have been allowed.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Note: we will be opening a ticket with Idera next week.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2019

What does the Idera documentation say the url is supposed to be?

Not the specific url, but is it saying "base url", "rest api url", "url of the project to connect to", or something like that?

Larry Wilson March 29, 2019

The exact wording in their documentation is "add the URL of your JIRA installation".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2019

Ok, that's https://????.atlassian.net then.

I'm afraid you'll need to investigate further on the Idera side - you need to know what the error is on that side.

Suggest an answer