I have a user that can't access a project he should

Cassio Santos Pereira November 18, 2015

I have two users that belong to the same groups. One of them can access the designated project correctly, the other can't access the project Board. How can I solve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2015

Check who the board filter is shared with.  I expect you will find that it is shared with the first user, but not the second.

Cassio Santos Pereira November 19, 2015

Did that. In fact, it is not shared with anyone.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2015

That's the problem then. Board access is controlled by who can see the filter the board is based on. I'd guess that the owner of the filter is the first user...

Yeah, it looks like the user that could see the board in fact couldn't. He was confusing an issue listing with the scrum board.

Just to make it clearer, I am the owner of the filter and sharing it with all developers in the project solved the issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2015

:-) Yay! I don't blame end-users for not understanding the difference between a filter and a board, in an ideal world, they shouldn't really have to. But we have to have some permissions in JIRA, so we're a bit stuck with it like this.

Yeah, it would be better if we didn't need this extra level of "permission", but in the end I got confused much more by my team feedback than by the system itself. My main confusion came exactly from the fact that one of them claimed to see the board, while he was not seeing it. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events