How to uninstall Jira core (not used) without interrupting Jira software

On our own server we are running and using JIRA software. Some time ago JIRA core was installed for whatever reason, now since we do not use JIRA core i like to uninstall just JIRA core without interfering with the JIRA software operation.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Henk,

You can't uninstall JIRA Core and keep JIRA Software.

"The JIRA family of applications are built on the JIRA platform. JIRA Core is the default application of the JIRA platform"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/jira-applications-overview-861256135.html

Br, Niclas

1 vote

Without Core, Software a) has no platform to run on and b) has no issues, projects, users, workflows, fields etc to work with.

Software is an application that runs on the Core platform.

Thanks for the response, i'll update the license then. 

Talk to Atlassian license support because you shouldn't need both.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira_license-upgrade

"A JIRA Software license provides access to JIRA Core functionality PLUS access to software development features, such as boards, development tool integration, and the ability to create software development projects."

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 2 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

22 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot