How to restrict edit permission for a custom field on bulk update?

Thomas Strohmaier July 26, 2018

I created an custom option field which is updated by an listener. To avid editing, the field is removed from all edit screens, at last for the relevant projects. So the field can't be edit manually, which works fine.

In bulk update after an search I do can select the field for updating, even if the issues belong to an project which can't edit it.

How can I avoid the update possibility in the bulk update?

2 answers

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

@Alexey Matveevit's not an admin feature
To perform a bulk operation, you'll need the appropriate project-specific permission and the global Bulk Change permission. For example, you would need to have both the Move Issue and Bulk Change permissions to perform the Bulk Move operation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

@Thomas Strohmaiermaybe you could do it by cutomization of the template file of bulk edit

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2018

Hello,

You can not restrict a field on bulk edit. The bulk edit feature is not meant to be for users. It is an admin feature and admins should know what they want to do .

Suggest an answer