How to report working hours automatically when I change the status to "in progress" ?

Juan Simon November 26, 2015

Hello there,

I am moving from FogBugz to Jira, and I used a lot the "Working On" feature. I want to if it is possible to report my working hours when I change the status of an issue to "In Progress"?

I do not like to report my working hours "manually".

Thank you in advance

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2015

Based on your latest comment, this feature is not native to JIRA and it handles time tracking a bit differently.

A few things to point out:

• Logging time to a JIRA issue can be done explicitly (Log Work) on which you have several options on what you want to do like the putting a value in the "Time Spent" field (3 hours, 1 day, 2 weeks)
  • JIRA Issues can optionally have "Estimated" tracking on it that will be reduced whenever you log work time to it and will be displayed as "Remaining".
  • If you put a certain JIRA issue to a status like "In Progress" then puts that to "Resolved" after a certain period of time, JIRA won't automatically update the logged time for you (like what you expect). 

Item #3 above can accomplished by a couple of JIRA plugins or by your very own workflow post-function script. 

0 votes
Juan Simon November 26, 2015

when you open the menu of "Working On" you can provide the ticket number. When you do that, FogBugz starts to increase your "working hours". At the same time, it is reducing the remaining time. If you are not working any more in that ticket, you can select the option "Working on nothing" or you can change the ticket number you are working on. At the end of the day, you can see in which tickets you were working on.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

How does FogBugz compute your working hours automatically when you change the status to In Progress?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events