How to present a dashboard with the age of the ticket in a particular status

Annie Rajam October 2, 2018

Is there a way that I can create a report in JIRA and have a dashboard attached to it where it displays the following information

The ticket number, Status of the ticket, Date it went into that status, #of days it has stayed in that status.

The Gadgets in the dashboard doesn't seem to get this kind of reporting. Also the pivot reports doesn't provide this type of reporting

2 answers

1 vote
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

Hi Annie,

we use card colors on the board to show how long a status has not be changed.

Some JQL like:

resolution IS EMPTY AND status changed after "-3d"

This selects only unresolved issues those status hasn't changed in the last three days.

Maybe that could be a solution for your issue.

Best 

JP

Annie Rajam October 3, 2018

Thank you Jan-Peter

1 vote
Lizzie_Rogers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

I don't think there are any JIRA reports that show exactly what you are looking for, but you could compile the different pieces on a dashboard.

The average time in status dashboard gadget is a good one for seeing how long tickets are in a status/statuses. 

You could also just do a filter results gadget and add the key, status, and updated date to the fields to show.  I also like adding latest comment and latest comment date.

Annie Rajam October 2, 2018

Thank you Lizzie :)

Suggest an answer