How to make text field (multi-line) custom field support text format

I have create a new custom field type is "text field (multi-line)", and the name is "reopen description". But when I edit the text , it does not support test format ,such as change text color, add some code line.  

The previous custom field with the same type support to text format. Details in the screenshot. 

Any suggestion on how I can make the new field support text format?

screenshot.png

2 answers

4 votes

Hi @Dan Qiao,

It sounds like the field is set to use the Default Text Renderer instead of the Wiki Style Renderer. You can change this in Field Configurations. Select Cog > Issues > Field configurations, and then select Configure in the Actions column for the field configuration your field is in (it'll probably be the Default Field Configuration). You'll be presented with a list of the fields, find your Recent description field and select Renderers in the Actions column. You should have the option to change the renderer to Wiki Style. Update it and it should now support wiki markup.

Thanks,

Warren

Thanks a lot!  I have fixed the issue follow your suggestion. 

No worries,

Glad it worked.

Warren

thanks, it worked for me too. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Statuspage

How do your teams prepare for really high (planned) traffic days like Cyber Monday?

Hi there! Shannon from Statuspage here.  👋  With Cyber Monday quickly approaching, we're looking to hear from Atlassian customers – specifically from teams who touch incident response li...

59 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you