How to make a field mandatory only on Create Issue Screen ?

Komail Badami July 21, 2016

I have a field called Component/s which is shared with many screens. I wish to make it mandatory only for the Create issue screen, how do i do this ?  I know you have to set it to REQUIRED in the field config, but doing that will affect other screens associated with that field as well.I've read about workflow validators with the JSU add-on but not sure how that can be applied here as this is not a workflow. Is there another way or add-on which will help ?

Note: I cannot comment on the replies to my question immediately as I don't have enough points. I will mark something as an answer for sure if it meets the criteria smile

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2016

Make it required in the field configuration. Making it required there forces it to be filled in upon creation of the issue. Since you're using a create screen you're all set

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2016

You won't be able to blank it out in edits or transitions later if you do that.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2016

That is true. In that case he needs a validator in the post functions out of create like the one in jira-suite-utilities. However, I don't know why he would want it at create only to clear it later.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2016

Indeed, I can't think of many cases for wanting to clear a field that was mandatory on create.

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events