How to enable HTML Email notifications?

George Hiley November 1, 2016

I have managed to setup permissions to restrict the number of notifications from being sent and in the process for some reason JIRA is now sending notifications as plain text rather than formatted HTML emails.

Does anyone know how to re-enable HTML email notifications? 

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2016

Hi George,

In JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/ViewUserDefaultSettings.jspa you can reapply HTML in "Default outgoing email format" for all users.

As the name implies, it will overwrite user preferences, but obviously they can reset their preference later.

Tibor

George Hiley November 2, 2016

Thanks, Tibor. I think when I need to change a setting in Atlassian products from now on I will save myself the 30 minute headache of clicking confusion and just post a question.

No wonder I couldn't find it... these UX problems are a time consuming and costly nightmare.

So notification email settings are stored under "System / User Interface / Default User Preferences". This makes next to no sense to me, particularly when you have "System / Mail" as a section... along with your other information architecture problems with Atlassian settings. A dogs breakfast it would seem.

Like Maria De La Fuente likes this
Alex Stone December 14, 2017

That is fine if you are an admin? What if you are not an admin and just want to change your own user settings? That URL only works for admins. Do I need a US congress approval to decide if I want HTML or text emails?  

Like Mark_Harris likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events