How to convert an sub-task to issue with the new Jira ui

Bob Yu October 1, 2018

How to convert an sub-task to issue with the new Jira ui?

Before with the old UI, "Convert to Issue" inside the "Ellipse" button, top right corner. With the new UI there is no way to convert, thanks.

Bob

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Hello, Bob.

This matter was brought up to discussion in the New Full View Issue Experience eliminates convert subtask to issue feature bug. The workaround that is available for now is to either use the old view or issue navigator to convert sub-task to issue and vice versa.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to add yourself as a watcher to the ticket to ensure that you will be informed for updates and should you have any feedbacks to share, feel free to comment on it too. Hope that helps.

Bob Yu October 2, 2018

Thank you, I used the old view to make the change.

I guess when you refer to Issue Navigator, you can do by the bulk change inside the advance filter? Thanks

Bob

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

Hi there, Bob.

You are most welcome. Yes, that should be possible as you can see in the following screen shot(s) under the Move Issues operation:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 08.07.29.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 08.09.15.png

Let me know how it goes for you.

Bob Yu October 3, 2018

Thanks, I used the old view :), thanks.

Bob

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2018

Hello, Bob.

You are most welcome. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions about JIRA and I will be happy to assist. 

Ellyza Marthadicta November 5, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

is it also possible to convert sub-tasks to tasks using Issue Navigator?

Thanks.

Like AhmadDanial likes this
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
November 5, 2018

Hi there, Ellyza.

Yes, you should be able to convert sub-tasks to tasks via the Issue Navigator as well using but using a different step - Convert to Issue. Please refer to the following screen shots below:

From the Issue Navigator, click on the ... icon to display the drop down list:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 13.18.45.png

From there, the screen will guide to complete the conversion steps:

Select Issue Type

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 13.18.54.png

In my case, I did not have update the fields in this issue

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 13.19.02.png

The final step is to confirm the conversion of Sub-task to Task:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 13.19.10.png

Please let me know how it goes on your end. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your help. But those steps are for changing subtask to task one-by-one right? I've done that.

But, do you have a step-by-step to convert all subtasks to tasks using issue navigator?

Thank you in advance.

I mean, convert sub-tasks massively to the task. :)

Suggest an answer