How to bulk link test cases to a story

Dalya Razzak March 20, 2017

In JIRA : 

1. i searched for a bunch of TC's 
  2. Tools >> Bulk change >> All selected issues (~7) >> 
  3. Select all >> Next >> I want to link to a story and not an epic...how can i do that?

4 answers

0 votes
Nicolás Sánchez April 11, 2022

Why is this still not implemented? 
For me, it is a key functionality. Sometimes I need to link a bunch of Test Cases to an EPIC or US based on some criteria (using JQL for example). It's unfeasible to manually add that many TC's.

Workaround (not working): Somewhere else I read someone proposed the following: Create a filter based on that JQL and then Export it, grab the tickets Id's, concatenate them in a long string, and then Paste that on the Link issues search bar off the US/EPIC. The problem here is that you need to still have to select the ticket one by one, all the tickets involved won't be automatically linked. 

0 votes
Sanjeet Singh September 17, 2019

Jira does not allow to bulk link user stories but you can open the story and link multiple test cases there. This is just another way to bulk link few test cases  but if you have to link higher number this will be a little time consuming.

0 votes
Dalya Razzak March 21, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, it's a good feature to have though wink from the flow i described above for testers ..

Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2017

It's likely been raised as a feature request or suggestion with Atlassian/Zephyr so if it's something that you really want, I suggest locating it and upvoting smile

0 votes
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Hi Dalya

You can't bulk link tickets using bulk change. If you have the structure add-on you can create the links by dragging and dropping on an active structure (one that makes changes to JIRA tickets) or if you know the keys, type them out in notepad using xxx-1234,xxx-1235,xxx-1236 format and copy/pasting them into the linked issue field on the edited ticket is another possibility. 

You may find it easier to link from the story rather than the TC (assuming that the story has many test cases and not vice versa). 

Hope this helps,

KK

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events