How to add an issue to an epic in the new view?

Sarah Dudek September 5, 2018

In the old epic view, there is a small + sign on top of the section for issues that I can use to create a new issue and have it automatically added to the epic. Where does this functionality exist in the new version?

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

There is an existing "suggestion" for this; I don't know why it was removed in the first place but it seems like several people are unhappy and want it back. Please click on the link below and vote for it. (There is a link to vote on the right hand side of the page under "People"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17084

Scott

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Hi @Sarah Dudek,

The + sign is still there, it was just moved to a different spot in the epic view:

Epic.JPG

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Sarah Dudek September 5, 2018

Hi @Scott Theus,

Thanks for the quick reply! What you posted is actually the old view. I'm looking for a way to add issues to a ticket in the new view. The section looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 11.28.28 AM.png

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

There's a new view??? (LOL...I'll see if I can find it :) )

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

@Sarah Dudek I updated my view to the new one and I can see exactly what you are reporting. I've entered a bug request for Atlassian Support for you, since this is going to impact a lot of people. I'll post the answer when I get it.

-Scott

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

@Scott Theusand @Sarah Dudek it is missing on my instance as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events