How do you send e-mail notifications to an external e-mail address

Shariyar Rashid-Qazi March 10, 2017

I saw various posts back in 2012 regarding this, but I would like to repeat the question to see if this is now possible some how.

Currently internal users who use JIRA within the company "X" are able to receive notifications when say a status is moved for example. 

However we've recently had the need to sign external users from company "Y" to our JIRA system, they are able to use and move JIRA as required however they cannot receive any e-mails, is there anyway to allow this?

In short:

John.Smith@XCompany.com CAN receive e-mails

John.Rogers@YCompany.com CAN'T receive e-mails

How do I allows users from "YCompany" to get notification e-mails?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2017

I would say that this is an IT question and not a JIRA question.

You need to work with whomever manages your email server and find out why the emails to Ycompany aren't making it. Maybe it's a company policy to not allow external email addresses?

Thanks, I'll have a check and see if this is the case

Although now that I think about it, I don't think this would be the case since I would be able to send someone from Ycompany an e-mail and they would be able to respond (and vice versa)

They just don't receive e-mail notifications that should be sent via Jira

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2017

You may not be using the same email server as JIRA does?

I'm just saying that every time I've seen something like this, it's been email server settings or email filters on the recipient side. Maybe the messages are filtered as spam by the recipient email server.

Aah I see! I'll definitely look into that!

Shariyar Rashid-Qazi March 27, 2017

Yep, it was that ! ~ Thanks Sten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events