How do you rename a sprint in JIRA Agile 6.7?

Aaron Carlson December 1, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Editing or Reordering a Sprint

You used to be able to hover over and rename a sprint from the active sprints board, but I don't see such an option anymore.

This page describes the previous method https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile065/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/editing-or-renaming-a-sprint

1 answer

2 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2015

Hi Aaron,

We use JIRA Agile V.6.7.11 and we rename the sprint not from the active sprints board but from the "Backlog". The documentation link says "plan" which they actually mean "Backlog".

Hover over the sprint name in the "Backlog" board and get the edit option.

Aaron Carlson December 2, 2015

Fazila, 

You are correct, I see it there, but unfortunately that is a very cumbersome way to rename a sprint.  You also can no longer edit the sprint end date from the sprint board, you have to go to the backlog.

Documentation is out of date and needs updating.

Sean Strawsburg January 20, 2017

Fazila,

Thanks for the tip. This worked perfectly.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

welcome :)

Jack Swanson July 17, 2017

Thank you for this. Documentation I found was still outdated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events