How do you assign different status' when creating new bugs?

Joe Hill April 7, 2016

Hello,

I am currently having a problem with a Kanban board I am using: When creating a new issue on the board it is added to the bottom of the backlog (I am also using the beta kanban backlog thing on JIRA at the moment), which in most cases is fine. However, when creating a bug we would like that to go onto the current kanban board and have them assigned to ready for engineering.

As far as I am aware (or I couldn't find the option to) you can't assign a status when creating an issue.

Second issue I have run into was that you can set it to send all issues to a status. eg any story/bug/task get sent to 'backlog' or 'ready for engineering'. Is there a way to say 'if the ticket is a bug, set it to 'ready for engineering' else put in backlog?

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

You don't.  A workflow has a create transition in it.  Transitions can only have one end status.

You can define two different workflows though, and associate them with different issue types.  So you can do "storybug/task/default -> backlog" and "bug -> ready for engineering"

Check out the "workflow schemes"

Joe Hill April 8, 2016

Thanks!

It took me a while to figure out how to get it to work, but works perfectly now smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events