How do I grant users limited read only access?

I need to grant access to a few people so that they may "observe" some of our projects and scrum boards.

I do not want them to be able to inadvertently change anything.  We have more than 20 projects, and I only want to allow them access to 4. 

How is this done in JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

Just give them the "Browse Project" permission. If I were to implement it, I will create a Role called "Viewers" and add the "Viewers" role in the "browse project" permission on whatever permission scheme that project is using.

Browse Projects

Permission to browse projects, use the Issue Navigator and view individual issues (except issues that have been restricted viaIssue Security). Many other permissions are dependent on this permission, e.g. the 'Work On Issues' permission is only effective for users who also have the 'Browse Projects' permission.

Reference; https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-project-permissions-185729636.html

Hi @Fred Anderson,

You could assign this group of people the browse permission only for those 4 projects.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

44 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot