How do I export schemes / projects?

Pete P November 11, 2015

I figured out how to export workflows but how do I export schemes and/or entire projects. I have about 10 projects on a production server I need to recreate on a new development server.  What is the best way to do this?  Do I need to manually recreate all these ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2015

There is no export function for configuration.

Botron's Project Configurator addon is the only thing I've seen which can do export/import for your use case.

0 votes
Pete P November 11, 2015

Thanks for the tip.  I came across this page on back-up would this work also?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/backing-up-data-185729581.html

I don't need the attachments folder...

I'll check out Botron's Project Configurator

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2015

That backs up everything and restoring it into another JIRA scrubs ALL the data in the target JIRA! It's ok for creating test systems, but it's not migrating the config between instances.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2015

Hmm, good question. I can't recommend one over the other - I've only ever used the Botron one.

Pete P November 11, 2015

Okay, thanks I guess I'll try them both out and make the call :)

Suggest an answer