How do I change jira core to jira software?

Aparna Mohod February 4, 2019

As jira core has very limited functionality and I would be interested in agile board.

Please advice.

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

That suggests that either Jira Software has not been installed, or if it has, you have not got a valid licence for it.  As you're on Cloud, you'll need to check your my.atlassian.com account to see if it is enabled.

Aparna Mohod February 5, 2019

In Manage subscription only Jira core is there, now How do I upgrade this to Jira software. I dont see any link for Jira software. Please give me detail steps to follow.

Thanks!subscription.jpg

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Then you have only Jira Core. You'll need to:

• Install Jira Software in Applications option.
  • Get an evaluation license.
  • Change the project type from Business to Software.

If you like this project, you'll have to buy a commercial license.

Aparna Mohod February 6, 2019

Hi,

I dont see any option to download Jira software.

Thanks!

1 vote
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hi @Aparna Mohod,

I think I need some more information. Do you have a Jira Core commercial License? You have it with an evaluation license?

If you have an evaluation license just install Jira software. Otherwise, you can install it but you'll have to achieve the new commercial license.

Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

If you have both, just change your project type from business to software.

Aparna Mohod February 5, 2019

Hi,

Thanks!

But dont get 'software' option in project type dropdown. only 'Business' is displayed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2019

That suggests that Software is not active in your system - check it is installed, if it is enabled and if it has a valid licence (Admin -> Manage applications will show you)

Suggest an answer