How do I add an EPIC to agile board

Denise Brown-Branch May 20, 2019

FFS with the latest JIRA release the product is nearly unusable. 

I have a board (Agile) and I would like to use Epics for higher level groupings.  How does one make this happen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Denise Brown-Branch 

You can group your Kanban or Scrum boards with swim lanes based on the epics. Here are instructions on how to set them up:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver080/configuring-swimlanes-967899114.html

-Scott

Denise Brown-Branch May 21, 2019

Thanks Scott but I do not have the configure option from the board. 

Any other thoughts???

I have the right level access.HRIS board.PNG

@Scott Theus 

see attached 2 images of the same type of project - one created previously and the current one created within the past week.  How do I get to the same view and data points, as they are both the same project type??Prior project.PNGcurrent project.PNG

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

@Denise Brown-Branch  do you know who owns the boards?  The administrator will need to configure them or transfer ownership to you. 

Here's a screen shot on where to find the option to show the epic labels: 

post1.JPG

In the two screen shots for the different boards, it looks like the first is a Classic project and the second is a NextGen project. The second screen shot has an option for "Roadmap" in the left nav. To get the same options as the project in the first screen shot you'll need to convert the NextGen project to a Classic project.  (You may need your site admin to do that; I don't know if th eproject admin has the ability.)

-Scott

@Scott Theus 

Thank you for the guidance - very helpful

Suggest an answer