How can I prevent issues with actual work from being deleted?

CindyM October 3, 2016

Recently we have had people delete issues that have actual work logged to them via Tempo Timesheets, this last particular issue was of vital importance to our HR department governmental reporting.  I would desperately like to prevent this from happening in the future. 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 3, 2016

Ok, a few additional options;

1. Do not allow anyone to actually delete issues, add a 'delete' status with transitions from all other statuses and a recovery transition. (actually a number of folks use/support this type of approach)
  2. If you are server based, you could probably add code to check and prevent this, but I'm on the cloud so can't really help you with that.

CindyM October 3, 2016

Thanks Tom!  We will be trying that.  

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Yes, Tempo Timesheets doesn't make it clear in a few places that they mean Delete issue not delete worklog. We use the Delete permission to prevent that, and make admins give themselves delete permission only temporarily

CindyM October 3, 2016

@Matt Doar [ServiceRocket] Unfortunately deleting the issue also deletes all worklogs, do you have a work around for that?

1 vote
Deleted user October 3, 2016

1st step - restrict the ability to delete issues to admins only.

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

Then maybe you need to reduce the number of admins laugh 

0 votes
CindyM October 3, 2016

We did, it was an Admin who did deleted the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events