How can I integrate JIRA with ServiceNow by using only Restbased calls without using SOAP?

2 answers

1 vote

"Integrate" is a "suitcase word" - it describes a concept well, but we can't really tell you anything about the contents until you open the suitcase. We need more detail.

What do you want from the integration?  When update X is done, Y happens - what are X and Y for you?

Hi Nic,

Something like this if an organisation is using both the ticketing tools Servicenow and JIRA. Let us suppose and incident has been created using Serviceno, how to integrate ServiceNow with JIRA so that same incident is updated in onsite JIRA server(not cloud) and further if any updates made on JIRA end should also reflect on servicenow.

Are there any settings that servicenow provide to integrate with JIRA?

Do both servicenow and JIRA has any API's to post or get data between each other?

Are there any example code snippets or sample integration done earlier between these two agents?

-RT

Ok, great, you'll need to write code in ServiceNow that calls the JIRA REST interface to create and update incidents in JIRA, and hen some code in JIRA (webhooks and maybe post-functions) to do the same in SeviceNow over the remote API for that.

(As a dutiful Atlassian advocate, I should add that a far easier and better option is to add JIRA Service Desk to your JIRA installation)

Looks like a good approach to me.

Hello Nic,

I used Jira POC and successfully build one way of integration(SN-->JIra) but when Jira team tries to send a ticket to ServiceNow it throws 401 error. I checked username and password are correct and the user has correct roles.

Error:

HTTP client-callbacks:thread-108 WARN anonymous     [c.a.webhooks.plugin.PublishTaskFactoryImpl$PublishTaskImpl] Client error - 401 when posting to webhook at '______https://xxxx.service-now.com/api/now/import/u_jira

I found this in ServiceNow logs: WARNING *** WARNING *** Required HTTP authorization header (Authorization) not present.

As a ServiceNow developer, I provide them with our REST endpoint and username, password. 

Jira team is using webhooks to connect to ServiceNow where there are no fields to pass authentication parameters.

How to fix this.

Regards,

Nithish

Hi All,

AmsOne provide best Solutions for your integrations and data replication needs. Integrate ServiceNow with Jira or technology in Real Time/batch mode, Bi-Directional/Uni Directional.

For more information   please visit www.amsoneintegrations.com

Email     hello@amsoneintegrations.com      

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Statuspage

194 years of downtime: looking back on incident data from 2018

Statuspage customers logged more than 194 years of collective incidents in 2018. That’s a whopping 87% increase from the  104 years logged in 2017 , and we aren’t even through December yet....

52 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you