How can I add the field "solution" to an issue layout?

Niklas Polke July 16, 2019

I am trying to add the field "solution" to an issue layout. I've already added the field to the "field tab". But within the screen issue layout I cannot find this field, even not under the hidden fields. Other fields are no problem to add but this field doesn't show up.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

As I read on other websites, this field shouldn't be on any edit screen and that is obviously the reason, why it cannot be placed there.

The solution for my problem is, that I define a new workflow, add a new screen for the transition and ask for setting the field within this new screen.

0 votes
Ulka
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2019

Hi Niklas,

Have you added this field on the issue create, adit and view screen of your project. Also, what is the type of the Custom Field "solution"

Hi Ulka,

thanks for your reply. I wasn't talking about any custom field but about the standard "solution/resolution/Lösung" field of JIRA. As I read on other websites, this field shouldn't be on any edit screen and that is obviously the reason, why it cannot be placed there.

The solution for my problem is, that I define a new workflow, add a new screen for the transition and ask for setting the field within this new screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events