Help with user custom fild

Bianca Colicchio January 9, 2018

We have some issues that are supposed to be done by more than one individual (sometimes even four people are supposed to work on the same issue), but Jira Cloud allows only one assignee to be designate.

So that I could assign an issue to multiple users, I added a custom field named "Second Assignee" to an issue and configured the field so I could pick the second person I wanted to assigned the issue. So far, so good.

The problem is that I use a gadget in my dashboard to filter all the issues assigned to me and when I pick myself in the  custon field I created ("Second Assignee") it doesn't show the issue in my dashboard. 

Can someone help me, please?

1 answer

0 votes
Suzanne Seaton January 9, 2018

Hi Bianca,

I recommend using 'Filter Results' for the gadget on your Dashboard and then the filter for your gadget needs to be as follows: assignee in (currentUser()) OR "Second Assignee" in (currentUser()). That should work.

Regarding assigning to multiple users... we have the same problem where folks do concurrent work on issues. We use sub-tasks for this; each user that needs to work on the issue gets assigned a sub-task. Then when everyone is done with their work (sub-tasks are resolved) the main issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Suggest an answer