Formatting a message custom field in bold and red

mel vega January 29, 2016

Hi,

I'm using Toolkit plugin and I created a Message custom field (for edit). I would need that the message displays in red and bold to make it more visible but I did not find the right code. I tried this one but it did not work:

{panel} (i){color:red} My message{color} {panel}

any ideas please ?

thanks in advance

Melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

Try using html tags smile

<b><font color="red">My message</b></font>

mel vega February 4, 2016

Many thanks for your help Gabrielle, it perfectly works now!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Glad to help! 

Brian Bachman May 4, 2016

Hi @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] - Do you have any idea what the syntax would be to include a hyperlink?  

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2016

html hyperlinks would be <a href=""></a>. 

Brian Bachman May 4, 2016

Awesome ..  Thank you!  I did search html tags in parallel and found this too. 

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2016

smile

0 votes
Lillian Shibata-Salley October 3, 2017

Hi - I'm trying to also do a custom field but it's not taking the html. I put in: <p><b><i>Please Test</p></b></i> and the results show the tags. When I go back to edit, it changes to: <p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;&lt;i&gt;Please Test&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/i&gt;</p> and renders with tags...

Dimitris Damaskos May 31, 2018

For me panels worked best and it looks better. 

{panel:bgColor=#EAECFF}
Please Test
{panel}

But it is a matter of preference.  

Like Omar Hutchens likes this
Lillian Shibata-Salley May 31, 2018

Thanks, can't remember what I was doing back then lol but just tried it and not exactly what I was looking for... More of being able to select certain words within a paragraph (I think that's what I was doing) and highlighting certain words, phrases, having more control of the formatting.

Thanks for the option, however.

Richard White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2018

For some reason, when I put the {panel} ..text ... {panel} code in the Default Value, it just prints it out verbatum instead of putting the text in a panel. Is there a flag somewhere to ensure wiki code will work? html tags are working, but I would prefer wiki code.

Dimitris Damaskos December 6, 2018

Hello Richard,

I checked again the code I posted in May and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 17.12.57.pngIt is not exactly what was asked initially but I wanted to give another alternative. 

Suggest an answer