Fields displayed on create form changes by itself

Pete P November 4, 2015

Jira... I have my create form configured and when I create a new issue it sometimes loads to a different form completely!   I am not sure what is causing this behavior.

Here is the form I want to be using which is configured properly and works sometimes.

Form A.PNG

Other times a standard looking create form shows up instead... my custom fields and tabs are missing...

Form B.PNG

It appears to be completely random and I don't know what is causing this.

While other times I get what looks like a mini version of the form...

Form C.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Pete P November 4, 2015

For some reason when I create an issue from the Project Issue screen the mini form is displayed!

Form D.PNG

Okay... I see what is happening...

The settings in "Configure Fields" don't seem to be sticking and that is why I get a random form pop up.  Even with the mini form I have the option to "Configure Fields".  I don't see why this is even an option for non-admin users. 

Form E.PNG

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

What URL or buttons are you pressing to create the issue? They don't seem random to me.

1st screenshot seems to be opened to the "Create Issue" URL in a browser supplied with information http://petejira.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10000&issuetype=10000

2nd screenshot seems to be pressing the "Create" issue button on the JIRA site itself.

3rd screenshot seems to be opened by opening the link http://petejira.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

I use all these 3 ways to create an issue above depending on where I put them.

Pete P November 4, 2015

Gabrielle, I don't understand.  I am using the "Create" issue button on the JIRA site itself in all 3 instances of those screen shots.  Why would a different form be displayed? 

Pete P November 4, 2015

The URL that is displayed for all 3 is https://petejira.net/issues/?jql=

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Where in your JIRA Instance are you pressing the "Create" issue button? Are you in your Dashboard? Are you in the System Admin screen? Are you in a project overview page? JIRA will determine what page will be presented to you depending on where you currently are. Try and experiment with that?

Pete P November 4, 2015

I am pressing the create button when on the issues page or dashboard. It shouldn't matter where I press the create button from I want the same form to display each time.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Yeah, that's the factor that determines which create window will show up. I don't know if there's any way to configure it explicitly currently. We can always open up a case against Atlassian :)

Pete P November 4, 2015

Wow thanks, I hope someone from Atlassian can chime it, this is not acceptable!

jen heath November 4, 2015

Could it be that the first one was created from the project issue screen so it knew what project/form to use but on the others you were outside of the project so you are getting a default screen that forces the choice of project?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Agree Jen. That's exactly the explanation of the different create screens.

Pete P November 4, 2015

I couldn't post an image in the comments so I added one below... when I hit next button my fields are displayed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events