Exporting to excel is broken

Lynne Johnson August 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working with search results

Exporting to excel has changed in that the column order is no longer preserved, epic link is the epic key not the name, the first line with JIRA logo is no longer there neither the date, multiple sprint columns have appeared instead of all the sprint names in the same column. Please put it back the way it was.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 23, 2016

There has been some changes to the export capability that added a number of options. Are you using the HTML option? I have found that one keeps things the way you describe what you expected. The CSV option does not. Oh and you will need the "open with" option if you don't want it to open in your browser.

Lynne Johnson August 23, 2016

I am perplexed to understand why they would do that. It makes the csv export pretty useless as one doesn't get what one expects to get. However, exporting to html and opening in excel works. Thanks very much.

Halli Welsh September 1, 2016

Thank you for leaving this comment... this issue was driving me nuts but the html one works when opened in Excel - thank goodness!

Lynne Johnson September 1, 2016

Indeed. Why would they do that?!

Suggest an answer