Exporting to excel is broken

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working with search results

Exporting to excel has changed in that the column order is no longer preserved, epic link is the epic key not the name, the first line with JIRA logo is no longer there neither the date, multiple sprint columns have appeared instead of all the sprint names in the same column. Please put it back the way it was.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

There has been some changes to the export capability that added a number of options. Are you using the HTML option? I have found that one keeps things the way you describe what you expected. The CSV option does not. Oh and you will need the "open with" option if you don't want it to open in your browser.

I am perplexed to understand why they would do that. It makes the csv export pretty useless as one doesn't get what one expects to get. However, exporting to html and opening in excel works. Thanks very much.

Thank you for leaving this comment... this issue was driving me nuts but the html one works when opened in Excel - thank goodness!

Indeed. Why would they do that?!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Service Desk

Frequently Asked Questions for Jira Service Desk (AKA JSD FAQ)

Just the FAQs! Welcome to the Community, and this Focused-FAQ! Here, we've pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions associated with Jira Service Desk (JSD). We hope ...

118 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you