Error creating attachments

Thue Voergaard Olsen August 2, 2017

Hi Atlassian,

We get the following error message, when attaching files.

Please can you help asap.

File "1444672797_Salesman.png" was not uploaded An error occured while attaching 1444672797_Salesman.png: com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.media.MediaApiStreamAttachmentStore$FailureMediaApiResponseException: [AttachmentUploadFailure] Could not upload temporary attachment Failure: Failure{cause=java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out, reason=TRANSPORT_ERROR, message='null', httpStatusCode=null}File "1444672797_Salesman.png" was not uploaded An error occured while attaching 1444672797_Salesman.png: com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.media.MediaApiStreamAttachmentStore$FailureMediaApiResponseException: [AttachmentUploadFailure] Could not upload temporary attachment Failure: Failure{cause=java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out, reason=TRANSPORT_ERROR, message='null', httpStatusCode=null}

Br,

Thue

3 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Thue,

There were some issues earlier but they appear to be resolved at this point.  I also see that you put in a ticket with Support.  If you are indeed good to go please let the Support Engineer know by marking the ticket as Resolved or let the SE know they can close the ticket.

If you're still running into this issue let me know and I'll check back with the Cloud team.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

You'll need to read the Confluence application log to see what the underlying problem is.

It could be  number of things - database connection problems, a plugin interfering with attachments, but the most likely thing for this error is a problem with the disk - space is the usual culprit (confluence is unable to accept new attachments or create the temporary files for downloads if you're out of space)

Hi Nic,

Thank you for reaching out.

How do I access the Confluence application log? 

And how do I see an overview of space usage?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

It's under <confluence home>/logs on the server. 

I'm not sure there's any particular way to see "space usage", but it's not too important here, as space data is in the database and compressed.

0 votes

We are not able to download files either.

Ian MacGregor August 2, 2017

Also not able to download any attachments

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events