Enable Votes on New Jira Issue View

JD April 16, 2019

Hi,

We recently had our projects get the New JIRA Issue view and I've now lost the ability for users to 'vote' on issues. 

The Vote permission is enabled in global permissions (Cog > System > Allow users to vote on issues) and it previously appeared in the old issue view.

If I go to Board Settings > Issue Detail View then under the heading "People", I have "Votes" enabled here. This was where votes used to appear on the old issue view.

jira_1.jpg

I no longer have a "People" section though. 

If I go to Project Settings > Issue Layout, then "Votes" is not a valid field to add. If I try to configure the screen that this project uses by clicking the link at the top of the page, I can't add 'votes' here either.

Issue_layout_-_Jira.jpg

Can someone point me in the right direction? Are votes possible in the new layout? 

2 answers

2 votes
Brett Moody April 29, 2020

Why does Atlassian remove features when it "upgrades" to new views/next-gen projects? 

It seems remarkably short-sighted for a company that makes project-management software of all things...

Miks June 11, 2020

for sure they are just refactoring or rebuilding the old Jira from scratch. So it would mean they just haven't rebuilt them yet, not removed them.

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hi James,

Currently, it's not possible to add the ability to vote on the new issue view and next-gen projects, since the option "Board settings" is not available.
We have two feature requests related to this problem:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71251
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.
You can also check our roadmap to see what are the next features that will be implemented.

Regards,
Angélica

JD April 22, 2019

Thanks for your reply @Angélica Luz

Just to clarify - is there a way to revert my project back to the old issue view for everyone who views my project? I never converted it to the new issue view, it happened automatically.

I understand I can do it for my own account but that is not what I need, I need anyone who views this project to be able to 'vote'. The same as your issues you linked above. 

I do find it somewhat ironic that I can 'vote' for those issues on the JIRA's own board but can't implement the same functionality in our own! 

Regards,

James

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hi James, it's possible only on their own profile or clicking on "See the old view" when they open the ticket.
Based on your request, I created a new feature request:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71938
For now, the option is to send an email for your users to let them know that they must disable the view to vote.

Like # people like this
JD April 25, 2019

Ok thanks for the reply @Angélica Luz 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events