Email Notification between parent issue and sub-task issue

Email Notification is related between parent issue and sub-task issue? If sub-task issue is updated, email notification can be always sent to individual person such as Reporter, Assignee, Watcher etc. on People section

in parent issue automatically? Or, parent issue and sub-task issue have a different issue# each other, so email

notification isn't related directly between parent issue and sub-task issue?

2 answers

Parent issue and sub-task issue is different issue.
And email notifications of these issues is different.
I use post-function for "create issue" transition.
This post-function adds watchers from parent issue to child issues.

Hi Alex,

I like the idea but is it a basic JIRA Cloud feature or do I need add ons for it?

I did not find the option in JIRA Workflow to add a watcher, I only found the options for adding an Assignee.

Regards

Kian

Hi,

By default, JIRA handles the issues and their subtasks as individual entities with a lifecycle independent of each other.

This includes event notifications. When a subtask changes, notifications are not sent to parties interested in the parent issue.

However, there is an addon that can notify you when a subtask or a linked issue changes. It is called Bug watcher notifications, the documentation refers to the related functionality as indirect notifications.

Regards,

Tibor

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

470 views 7 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you