E-mail notifications on a custom field

Gabriel Marcopulos July 2, 2019

Hi friends,

I ask your kind help on resolving an issue with a custom field.

I've created a custom field which did add to the default issue screen.

This field is used to assign the QA responsible, so it gets options from the DB.

The problem we have is, Jira doesn't send notifications to the assignee.

I need to know where or what configuration I should manage to achieve that notification function.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos You will need to apply a solution, by creating a custom event and adding it to Notification scheme and triggering this custom event the relevant transition in your workflow on which you assign the QA person to the ticket. The solution will be on the similar lines as provided here by Atlassian for some other scenario: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

Hope it helps!

Gabriel Marcopulos July 3, 2019

Hi @Taranjeet Singh , thanks for your help!
I tried that, based in your advice, but still doesn't works...
Also, I would like to achieve the same behavior than Assignee field, which sends a specific notification to the assignee e-mail inbox when the assignation is made.

As I understood, this process you recommended me will trigger a notification when a transition it's executed, isn't it?
Again, thank you so much for your help!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos For this solution, you will need to have a transition on which you have a transition screen where you have "Assignee" field. An when you assign an issue to QA person during this transition, it will fire a custom event , which should send a notification to Assignee of the issue. (The notification scheme of the project should have this custom event and Assignee present)

Like Gabriel Marcopulos likes this
Gabriel Marcopulos July 11, 2019

Thank you very much @Taranjeet Singh !

Kind regards.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos Could you please mark my answer as accepted if it proved useful for answering your queries? Thanks !

Suggest an answer