Due date controlled by edit issue permission?

Hi All

I am aware the editing the due date field is controlled by the schedule issue permission.

But is there a way i can amend this to be controlled by the edit issue permission.?

3 answers

I don't think that's possible  - it's like the documentations says.

A workaround would be to use a custom field for the due date but that would probably not be possible in your case as it might affect a lot of related functionality that relies on the due date.

Nope! That's handled by the JIRA Project Permissions system plugin, and that can't be modified. 

I really wonder why you'd like to make your permission scheme less granular though. Maybe you could explain your issue and we could suggest something else?

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your answer,

At the moment, schedule issue permission control these two actions.

• ability to update the due date on JIRA
  • ability to modify rankings on jira-agile plan mode.

My requirement is that i want different set of people to perform eachof the acitvities above. And i am not able to do this because the underlying permission is the same which controls it.

How can i achieve this?

Nicolas and Boris answered it directly. Can you explain on why you cannot use the native feature? Do you have some kind of special requirements or any restrictions you are taking into consideration?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

285 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot