Due date controlled by edit issue permission?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

Hi All

I am aware the editing the due date field is controlled by the schedule issue permission.

But is there a way i can amend this to be controlled by the edit issue permission.?

Rahul

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

Nicolas and Boris answered it directly. Can you explain on why you cannot use the native feature? Do you have some kind of special requirements or any restrictions you are taking into consideration?

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2016

Nope! That's handled by the JIRA Project Permissions system plugin, and that can't be modified. 

I really wonder why you'd like to make your permission scheme less granular though. Maybe you could explain your issue and we could suggest something else?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2016

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your answer,

At the moment, schedule issue permission control these two actions.

• ability to update the due date on JIRA
  • ability to modify rankings on jira-agile plan mode.

My requirement is that i want different set of people to perform eachof the acitvities above. And i am not able to do this because the underlying permission is the same which controls it.

How can i achieve this?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2016

I don't think that's possible  - it's like the documentations says.

A workaround would be to use a custom field for the due date but that would probably not be possible in your case as it might affect a lot of related functionality that relies on the due date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events