Does custom Field (of type Date Time Picker) can only associate to 4999 screens?

Ghazanfar Ali January 11, 2021

I do have a custom field of SLA Date/Time and when trying to associate it to all my screens then it is only associated to 4999 screens only. Really appreciate if anyone can guide me how to associate custom field to all screens automatically on asap basis.

Custom Field_Associate to Screens Issue.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I'm surprised that someone has done this operation 4999 times manually. But I'm more surprised that you would have more than 4999 screens in your Jira instance. Why do you have so many screens, is there a screen for every project for some reason?

Thanks Matt for getting back quickly. 
1. My senior not manually done this operation instead use console command to associate this custom field to all screens but it only assigned to 4999 screen and we are stuck at this point as even now if we manually tick the check box in front of screen and hit update button and navigate back to all screens then recently ticked check box got unchecked again :(

2. Yes there is a screen for every project.

Really appreciate if you can suggest any alternative way to associate custom field to all my screens.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

From my opinion you hit a >hard limit< which is probably signalized by the fact that both manual and automated approaches won't assign the custom field to more screens than the 4999 ones you have right now.
You could raise a Suggestion on jira.atlassian.com - but I am not sure if there will be an implementation any time soon.

From my personal opinion you would need to find ways around this limit, for example assessing if the field is really needed on every screen.

Like Ghazanfar Ali likes this

Suggest an answer