Display remaining estimate value in filter result

Why JIRA doesn't display the Remaining estimate value in the filter search result? Even i added the column name to display 'Remaining estimate', it doesn't display in list view.

Is it limitation of JIRA? I am finding JIRA is having lots of constraints and finding it hard to use it any more.... lots of lots of limitations without any proper reporting tool.

How do i check if i wanted to know the total remaining hours in a project? irrespective of a sprint or kanban, there should be a reporting tool which tells you how much time is remaining in a project. But JIRA is limited with such a very very very basic functionality. Not sure how it became so popular...Should we purchase another highly paid extension or plug in for such a simple report?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

If a Remaining estimate value is provided for an Issue, in the Issue Navigator List View, the Remaining Estimate or (SUM symbol) Remaining Estimate columns should show the value for each issue.  I just tested this on mine and definitely can see them.  If I wanted to save this search and column layout to a Filter I can easily and recall it too and see the same results with the R.E. value shown. 

Could you provide a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

128 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you