Display remaining estimate value in filter result

Srikantha R January 3, 2016

Why JIRA doesn't display the Remaining estimate value in the filter search result? Even i added the column name to display 'Remaining estimate', it doesn't display in list view.

Is it limitation of JIRA? I am finding JIRA is having lots of constraints and finding it hard to use it any more.... lots of lots of limitations without any proper reporting tool.

How do i check if i wanted to know the total remaining hours in a project? irrespective of a sprint or kanban, there should be a reporting tool which tells you how much time is remaining in a project. But JIRA is limited with such a very very very basic functionality. Not sure how it became so popular...Should we purchase another highly paid extension or plug in for such a simple report?

1 answer

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

If a Remaining estimate value is provided for an Issue, in the Issue Navigator List View, the Remaining Estimate or (SUM symbol) Remaining Estimate columns should show the value for each issue.  I just tested this on mine and definitely can see them.  If I wanted to save this search and column layout to a Filter I can easily and recall it too and see the same results with the R.E. value shown. 

Could you provide a screenshot?

Tony Jannotta September 4, 2018

My JIRA filter list is that of the parent tickets.  The sub-tasks sum up to the parent ticket just fine.  But the parent ticket shown in a Confluence based JIRA filter fails to populate the sum Remaining Estimate column that was added from Display Options.  The sum Original Estimate column, though, works just fine.  

In short, Original Estimate sum works fine, but Remaining Estimate sum shows blank.  Hmmm.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.01.38 AM.png

Suggest an answer