Default values for custom fields for SOME (but not all) customers

jonathan_heyerdahl March 29, 2020

Hello all, and thanks for reading.

We have several customers which use different schemes.  Most of them rely on the "default field configuration scheme."

We have a customer who wants the "customer organization" to be filled in automatically for their project, but they must manually enter it for every ticket, regardless of type.

So I did what I thought was the obvious, and created a new field configuration scheme for this customer "Customer ABC Field Scheme" which is still based on the default scheme.  I assumed this would copy the default scheme and give it a new name for this customer.

However, when I try to modify the field "Customer Organization" in the "Customer ABC Field Scheme" to prepopulate it, it still leads me to believe it will modify the underlying default scheme, and this data would be applied across the board.

What am I doing wrong?  Please help!  :)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi Jonathan,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

I am not sure if I got everything right. In case you have several Jira projects you can define default values for a custom field like "customer organization" using custom field contexts (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-a-custom-field-861253383.html).

As long as the Field Configuration is assigned to a Field Configuration Scheme which is in use by the Jira Project in question it works. In Field Configuration options like Show/Hide and Required/Optional are the ones I am familiar with (according to the explanation in the following article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/changing-a-field-configuration-844500798.html).

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events