Dashboards not loading

Usman Khalid April 9, 2018

Hello Atlassian world, 

I'm having at least 3 users experiencing interruptions while trying to access their dashboards. I've had them try different browsers but they are experiencing the same issues. All are using PCs, I'm using a Mac (I haven't seen any issues with the particular page in question). 

When clicked on, the dashboard page will only display the header, and everything else will be blank. It takes a few refreshes for it to load. 

could the amount of board configurations have an impact on loading time or loading failure? I can't think of another reason that this would happen. I've witnessed it myself and the users say it happens quite often. This isn't ideal since we use this page for our standups and view it during meetings and trainings. 

any help/suggestions would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Usman - not dj- Khalid

2 answers

1 vote
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Hey Usman,

I'm using both Chrome and Firefox regularly throughout the day and haven't had any issues. 

Can you try to disable any browser plugins they may be using and try that? In my experience, UI errors typically result from bad plugins. 

Usman Khalid April 10, 2018

Hey Meg! 

So the plugins installed are in Google Chrome, and they are as follows: 

BrowserStack

McAfee WebAdvisor

Cisco WebEx Extension

Privacy Search Plus

Would any of the above qualify as "bad" plugins? 

Thanks!

Usman Khalid 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

I would disable them all and then re-enable one at a time to diagnose if this is the cause. 

Usman Khalid April 12, 2018

Hey Meg! 

So no luck with that method. I had the user disable all of them and re-enable them one by one and that didn't work. Any other suggestions? This seems to be a persistent issue with about 4 PC users. 

Thanks!

Usman Khalid 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2018

Hey Usman,

Have these users tested with a different browser? I'd like to rule it altogether that it's just Chrome having the issue. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2018

rule out*

Gaven Ray May 9, 2018

I am seeing something similar. Are you on a load balancer using DataCenter?

I am getting blank pages right after log in on my Test system when I log in to the load balancer URL.

0 votes
Raja Jibran Saifullah Khan August 7, 2023

Jiradashboard.png

Hi,
Only One user (Owner) of this Dashboard facing similar issue. Shared this Dashboard with few other team members but they can access fine. Also changed the owner but only effects one user. 
Tested from corrupt user computer but its all good for other users,( so that means no external application are interfering). tried changing chrome settings but didn't work for the corrupt user.
tried copying the content and create new dashboard still no luck for the user. We dont have any other browser so cannot test that way. tried chromium ( no luck).

Thanks

Suggest an answer