Custom Field type creation in jira

Vaibhav Medhekar August 14, 2017

I am unable to get custom field in > Issues > Custom Fields >Advanced.

i have referred a pdf for creating custom field type in jira but i can't see it in custom field tab.... I have followed all the steps given into the pdf but it doesn't shown the custom field.

So, how can I have custom field into the Issues > Custom Fields >Advanced Tab. 

Tutorial link:- https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/fields/tutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

I assume you mean Issues -> Custom Fields -> Add custom field -> Advanced.

If your field type is missing from there, then either your add-on has not loaded, or the atlassian-plugin.xml is incorrect, and not telling JIRA about your field type.

Is your add-on displayed in the list of add-ons in Admin -> manage add-ons?  If it is, is it showing as enabled, and with all its modules enabled?

If not, then what does the log say at the time you start JIRA up?

snap.JPG

yes  add-ons are shown in the list & they are enabled too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Ok, that's good, it means it's just your atlassian-plugin.xml that is wrong, and not announcing the fields to JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events